Monday, June 23, 2008

Day Five Summer School

Our 2nd week of summer school

Every day we start with a garden riddle. Here is today's riddle:

I am a really weird leaf.
I grow underground. You can only see the tops of my leaves.
I can be yellow, white, or red.
You can eat me in sandwiches or rings.
When you cut me up, I may make you cry.

Our students enjoy solving these riddles. Do you know today's answer?

Today's lesson is about seeds. Ms. R. brings bean seeds for everyone along with a diagram of a seed. Students "dissect" the seed and label the plant parts. We also have a microscope today and view various samples of seeds, plants and bugs.

On the way out to the garden the students find spittle bugs on some of the grasses by the playground.

In the garden it's a day to weed and thin.

No comments: